marți, 2 ianuarie 2018

15 boxes of 2017

As I watch peacefully how 2017 is approaching its end, I feel there should be a proper note to reflect on this year achievements and failures and draw few conclusions.
To begin with, I'd say it was probably one of the most difficult years. As said before, it started off beautifully then went through an emotional roller coaster and finished with huge changes. I have a broken heart and so many fears but also hopes and I see a slight light at the end of the tunnel. And that is enough for me to carry on.
Summarizing my year in few reflections, here I go:
- probably the most important one is that it's ok not to be ok from time to time. Putting everything under the carpet and not facing issues is not going to work forever. Your subconscious is going to penalize you for that one day and all the small things you have not faced will hit you hard when you least expect it. So face your fears, your failures, your not so glorious moments and your darkest thoughts because they are part of you; and as much as possible try to turn them into learnings and move on.
- hold on to your family and close friends. There is no greater love than the one your family has for you. Nourish that relationship in the good, the bad and the ugly times. Some friends will leave, some others will come just at the right time, some love relationships will not last, some others will come. People who want to be in your life will do whatever it takes to stay close.
- simplify. Your life, your relationships, your home, your thoughts, your desk, your dressing and your mind. Having experienced a move abroad I realized how cluttered my home has been for such a long time. I have thrown away a lot of things and yet I can survive easily. I have taken this opportunity to reflect on how much shit I also add daily to my schedule and to my life. Get rid of it as simplicity itself is a precious gift you can offer to yourself and to others.
- believe in you and in your story. Nothing happens without a reason. Stay true to who you really are even in challenging times. Especially in challenging times. Nothing is permanent, not love nor sorrow. Ok, maybe tattoos are:)
- know your battles and decide where to draw the line. Don't waste time on mediocre love or friendships and energy draining compromises. Do not try to be super woman on your own, let other people help you.
- enjoy life as much as possible and don't take yourself too seriously. Don't always be the drama queen at the party, stay open and positive. There is so much you can do with a honest smile and a kind attitude. Pass it along.


I stop here as I am really aiming for simplicity. All I have left of 2017 are 15 boxes, nicely wrapped and shipped to my new home, 2000km away from my old home. And a lot of faith. And that is enough...

This world is watching me...

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu